[Nfb-web] NFB-WEB Sandbox

E.J. Zufelt everett at zufelt.ca
Thu Mar 5 17:05:21 UTC 2009

I agree that Drupal can be a good platform for teaching web
development.  It handles all of the background functionality so that
students can become familiar with how a web-site works.  Afterwards
students can begin to investigate PHP while developing custom modules
for their Drupal installation.

However, I wouldn't say that Drupal is a good platform for teaching
programing.  I think that the best way to teach programming is with a
language like VB or C# which allows for learning about object oriented
programming.

HTH,
Everett