[Nfb-web] introduction

dean martineau dean92 at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 23 19:21:45 UTC 2009

The old way of having an html file for Bookshare books used to work in the
old version of their system, but not as well now.  It is very easy to put
Bookshare books on the Stream.  If you have problems with these steps, I ort
others can help you:

1.  When you are goind to download a Bookshare book, choose DAISY unless you
want braille.  From the open/save prompt, choose Open.  This will result in
all the contents of the .zip DAISY book in a list.

2.  Select all those files and copy to the clipboard.

3.  Create a folder in your hard drive into which this book's files, and
only they, will be placed.

4.  Open that new folder and paste the files you copied.  You'll have to
give your BookShare password at this time.

5.  You'll want to close the other folder, the one containing the zip file
list.

6.  Copy or cut that folder containing your book into the $vrdtb folder on
your stream.

There you have it.  You will read the book with the text voice, and there
are two to choose from.  Personally, for many books, since I do have
Kurzweil, I run the books through it so I can read them with EloQuence, but
that's a matter of personal choice.

Dean
To find out about the week's news in adaptive technology, subscribe to Top
Tech Tidbits for Thursday by sending a blank message to
tttt-join at topdotenterprises.com. (make sure you have 4 t's in the address!)