[Nfb-web] JAWS 11 Latest Update and Page Reading

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 01:39:35 UTC 2010

Hello,

Is it just my computer, or is JAWS just getting stupider?  After downloading
the latest update that came out yesterday certain web pages are being
rendered out of whack.  My example is unfortunately a site where one has to
register and log in, but I fear that if I am missing data at this website, I
may be missing data elsewhere.  The website in question has multiple tables.
At the top of the page, just above these tables, there is a list of 15 or so
links.  On Firefox these links sometimes just plain disappear.  On Internet
Explorer there are unnecessary blank lines that randomly break up this list
of links where before the list was smooth and continuous.  Just as with my
other problems, reverting to JAWS 10 solves all my issues.  At $260, I
demand something better for each upgrade, and unless I am missing something,
the older version seems better.  I mean, what the hell's going on, Freedom
Scientific?  I know you feel the ResearchIt feature is the best thing since
sliced cheese, but let's get back to the basics here?  Several of my friends
are reporting similar performance problems.

Annoyed,

Joe

database 5036 (20100417) __________

http://www.eset.com