[Nfb-web] Accepting Donations Online

Milton Ota mota1252 at samobile.net
Fri Jul 20 16:02:15 UTC 2012

Hello Joshua and Michael,
I'm not sure if either of you are the President or Treasurer of your
state affiliate but after attending the 2012 convention of the National
Federation of the Blind in Dallas, Texas and attending the
Presidents/Treasurers meeting, the Accounting Department has come out
with some new guidelines regarding the use of PayPal on the affiliate
website and receiving convention registration and donations.

My first understanding is that they are discouraging it unless you
discuss with them a method of recorrding transactions in your
affiliates books. Before further pursuing this matter and creating any
misunderstanding, if this is for an affiliate or chapter website, I
would discuss this matter with the Accounting Department in the
National Office.

I believe some of the affiliates have worked out something with the
National Office on handling the PayPal transactions.

I attended this Presidents/Treasurers meeting as I will possibably be
the next treasurer for the North Dakota affiliate.

Milton Ota, Webmaster
National Federation of the Blind of Hawaii