[Nfb-web] NFB Drupal User Group

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Sat Feb 23 15:11:12 UTC 2013

Good morning everyone,

    Last night I set up a personal account on the Drupal Web Site and
browsed the list of user groups listed in the Drupal Community Forum. There
are Drupal Groups for just about everything imaginable. Some deal with
Drupal-specific topics such as Drupal modules, content development,
templates and theaming, project management, etc. Others are of particular
interest to those  in a particular geographic area (San Antonio Texas for
example), or a specific Drupal users, educators, health professionals, the
scientific community, the hospitality industry, you name it!Any aspect of
Drupal you wish to find like-minded individuals to discuss relevant issues
with chances are there's a Drupal Group/Camp for it.

    While exploring the group listings I observed that there is no user
group for blind Drupal developers and users. Having an NFB group for blind
Drupal developers would give us a presence in the Drupal community, allow us
to reach out to other blind Drupal enthusiasts,  and would enable us to
connect with those involved in various Drupal-related projects to insure
that new modules, utilities, and developments are usable and doable by the
blind. If Mr. Chairman wishes me to do so I'll be glad to create an NFB
group in the Drupal Community for this purpose. I'm suggesting this given
all of the recent discussion about Drupal that has occurred over the past
few days. If folks feel this would benefit us and with Mr. Chairman's
approval I'd be glad to get an NFB Drupal group created in their community.
All the best.

  Peter Donahue

 “No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper.”
Isaiah 54:17

 “While for our princes they prepare
In caverns deep a burning snare,
He shot from heaven a piercing ray,