[Nfb-web] Druple vs WordPress

Cathy Schroeder cathy at sks.com
Thu Aug 6 21:04:00 UTC 2015

Hi,

Was just watching this conversation and decided to put my two cents in the
mix.

I am on the WordPress side of the fence. My choice of Word Press was made by
the person who put our web site up before me. Once I learned how to use it I
found it easy to interact with. In addition, you can find a Plugin to do
just about anything you want to have done. The key to Word Press, is picking
the correct Theme for what you are doing. I would also add that it has been
said thatWord Press powers 20 percent of the web sites in existence today.
The Word Press Community is very active and has a group that works hard to
make sure Themes are accessible.

If you are interested in learning HTML or Word Press, the Cisco Academy for
the Visually Impaired offers courses in both. They are taught by blind
people and all students are blind. I found them very helpful.

I believe the choice of platform depends on your support group and your
personal preference. We are all voluntiers in this organization and need to
behave professionally to each other. Just because one person prefers  a
given platform does not mean that platform is the only good one out there.
Choice is what runs this country.

I will get down off my soap box now and just say everyone should pick the
platform that works for their environment.

I will be glad to give any assistance needed for HTML or Word Press. Just
ask.