[Nfb-web] membership information to collect through affiliate websites

erik burggraaf burggraaferik at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 15:26:51 UTC 2015

Hello webmasters.

I am beginning the process of building an online registration for the NFB of nevada.  This will be a registration for access to site features as well as a membership management system.

I would like to know, what information needs to be collected from users who register as part of their membership.  I'm particularly concerned that we are compatible with the one databace in terms of membership info.  Does that mean that the order in which we store information is critical or can we slap it together any way we want?

Here's what I have for a start.

Website information:
email address,
password,
checkboxes for each chapter or division belonged to,

Membership information,
First name,
Last name,
street,
Apt,
Sity, state, zip,
phone,
Blind or not?
Full member or supporting member?

Is there anything I missed, or anything I left out?  I am thinking it is better to start with too much info than not enough.

I've asked my affiliate board for direction on this, but I think I confused them.  :)

They are CC'd on this email so a reply to all will reach all of the appropriate people.

Thanks and regards,

Erik