[Nfb-web] membership information to collect through affiliate websites

Milton Ota mota1252 at samobile.net
Tue Sep 8 17:29:20 UTC 2015

Original message:
> Hello webmasters.

> I am beginning the process of building an online registration for the
> NFB of nevada.  This will be a registration for access to site features
> as well as a membership management system.

> I would like to know, what information needs to be collected from users
> who register as part of their membership.  I'm particularly concerned
> that we are compatible with the one databace in terms of membership
> info.  Does that mean that the order in which we store information is
> critical or can we slap it together any way we want?

> Here's what I have for a start.

> Website information:
> email address,
> password,
> checkboxes for each chapter or division belonged to,

> Membership information,
> First name,
> Last name,
> street,
> Apt,
> Sity, state, zip,
> phone,
> Blind or not?
> Full member or supporting member?

> Is there anything I missed, or anything I left out?  I am thinking it
> is better to start with too much info than not enough.

> I've asked my affiliate board for direction on this, but I think I
> confused them.  :)

> They are CC'd on this email so a reply to all will reach all of the
> appropriate people.

> Thanks and regards,

> Erik
I would think that you would want the following information:

Name;
Address;
city/State/ZIP Code
Phone: including Cell;
E-mail:
Indication if they are a braille reader;
Indication if they are already a member.

These are just some of the information that is collected through the
Free Whitecane and Slate/Stylus program.

You might want to ask if this is their first NFB state convention as well.