[Nfb-web] accepting certificates in IE10?

erik burggraaf burggraaferik at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 18:58:28 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I have a huge issue with my certificate.  Because it's server signed, browsers are warning my content managers that the certificate is invalid.  Normally I would just find a checkbox that says "always trust" or something similar.  Unfortunately I've got one IE10 and one IE11 that don't have such a checkbox.

Following the directions seen here:
http://www.poweradmin.com/help/sslhints/ie.aspx <http://www.poweradmin.com/help/sslhints/ie.aspx>
I reached the point where it asks me to click the view certificate button at the middle of the window.
The view certificate button is there but greyed out.  I can't figure out how to make it work.

I tried running IE as administrater, when I did that, I enabled an install certificate icon on the general tab, but when I used it to install the certificate it took me through the steps successfully, reported success, then failed to install the cert.

How can I make IE trust my server signed certificate?

Thanks,

Erik