[Nfb-web] security certificate

Arthur Jacobs ajacobs633 at aol.com
Tue Jun 21 19:58:31 UTC 2016

Something strange is going on, Brian. When I go to https://nfbnj.org, I receive a warning that the server could not be verified, and am given the option to continue (Safari). The page that loads is the NFB of Nevada's site, even though the url in the address bar is nfbnj. Only when I go to http://nfbnj.org do I get the NJ site. You should also note that just typing nfbnj.org forces the secure address to load, thereby taking you to Nevada's site. Going to www.nfbnj.org loads the insecure address, thereby loading NJ's site.

I have verified this behavior on The latest versions of  Chrome and Firefox on Win7. The security warning I get from Firefox indicates that the ask certificate being used is for NFB Nevada. Also, with these browsers, going to nfbnj.org loads the insecure address, taking me to NJs site (Safari must put priority on loading https addresses).

Arthur Jacobs

Sent from my iPhone