[Nfb_of_georgia] NFBGA 2009 Convention Flyer

Anil Lewis NFBGA alewis at nfbga.org
Thu Aug 27 13:20:52 UTC 2009

btWCwhozit_09
The National Federation of the Blind of Georgia would like to invite you to
our Thirty-Sixth Annual State Convention.  Our theme is: "Becoming The
Change We Want The World To See."  This year, our State Convention will be
held on Friday, October 9 thru Sunday, October 11.  Registration is $35.00
(including lunch on Saturday), and the banquet cost is $35.00.  The
convention will be held in Macon, Georgia at the new Marriott City Center.
Room rates are $90.00.    Early registration and a banquet ticket can be
purchased at a discount before September 30th for $30.00 each.

The state Convention of the National Federation of the Blind of Georgia is
the largest gathering of the blind in the state.  Approximately 200 blind
people, family members, friends, and blindness service providers come
together for a weekend of seminars, presentations, workshops, and general
discussions on training, technology, and strategies for improving the
quality of life of blind people.  The following is just a sample of the
topics an activities:

* NFB-NEWSLINER New Features and Enhancements
* Louis Braille Coin and Braille Literacy Initiatives
* Georgians Empowered Through Mentoring Success
* Braille Enrichment through Literacy and Nonvisual Learning
* NFB Youth Slam
* Parents of blind Children Seminar
* Blind Students Luncheon
* Updates on State Education and Rehabilitation Programs

For more information, or to register for the event, visit
<http://WWW.NFBGA.ORG> WWW.NFBGA.ORG, or call the office 866-316-3242.  It
promises to be an exciting and educational weekend.

Mr. Anil Lewis, President
National Federation of the Blind of Georgia, Inc.
"Everyday People Living Life Every Day"

315 West Ponce de Leon Avenue
Suite 1020
Decatur, Georgia 30030