[Nfb_of_georgia] Fwd: [Nfbnet-master-list] Resolutions Announcement

Stancil Tootle stootle at nfbga.org
Thu May 14 22:53:41 UTC 2015

This is how business works.

Begin forwarded message:

From: nfbmd via Nfbnet-master-list <nfbnet-master-list at nfbnet.org>
Date: May 14, 2015 at 2:53:22 PM EDT
To: nfbnet-master-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-master-list] Resolutions Announcement

Resolutions for Convention:
                Here is a message from Sharon Maneki, who chairs the NFB resolutions committee:

                Do you think we should change a government policy, take a stand concerning an agency for the blind, or create new regulations? If you do, consider writing a resolution. At the 2015 National Convention the resolutions committee meeting will be held on Monday, July 6. The committee will debate and discuss resolutions on a wide variety of subjects. If passed by the convention, these resolutions will become the policy statements of the organization.

To ensure that your resolution will be considered by the committee, please send it to President Riccobono or to me by June 19, two weeks before the committee meeting. If you send a resolution to me by email and do not receive a response acknowledging your email in two or three days, please call or send it again. If you miss the deadline, you must get three members of the committee to sponsor your resolution and then get it to the chairman before the meeting begins. I will be pleased to accept resolutions by email, <nfbmd at earthlink.net>; or snail mail, 9013 Nelson Way, Columbia, MD 21045.

Sharon Maneki, President