[NFB_of_Georgia] NFB 2019 National Convention Hotel Information

Marcia Robinson emarcirobinson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 20:25:08 UTC 2019

Hello NFB Members,

Below is important information regarding the 2019 NFB National Convention in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Check-in Policy
Upon check-in, you will be charged upfront for the length of your stay at the hotel, plus you will be required to handle the $400.00 incidental fee either by placing a hold on your credit/debit card or cash deposit if you booked a standard room. If you do not plan to stay all of the days that you reserved initially, you MUST let the front desk know before you check in. Once you check in,  you will be responsible for payment of all the days you reserved, whether you stay the length of stay or not.

Room Incidental Fees
If you booked a standard room, you will incur a $400.00 fee for incidentals when you check in in addition to your room charges. The hotel will place a hold on your credit/debit card for $400.00 or you may pay a $400.00 cash deposit. This is a per room charge so it can be divided among your roommates only if you are all checking in at the same time. If you booked a suite, you DO NOT have the option of a cash deposit and the hold will be placed on the credit/debit card oof each person staying in the suite.

Please understand that even though the hotel will tell you that this fee is only a hold and not a charge on your credit/debit card, most banks will still draft the funds out of your account even though it is pending and you will not be able to use those funds. It typically takes 3 to 5 business days for the money to be released back into your account which will occur after you check out of the hotel. If you made a cash deposit, it will be refunded the day of checkout provided you have no charges applied to your room.

Room Amenities
The standard room DOES NOT come with a refrigerator. However, if you are diabetic or have some other medical issue and your medication needs to be placed in a refrigerator, you may request one and ask if they can waive the charge.

PLEASE NOTE: There is a mini bar in each standard room with a tray that has various items including packs of coffee. If you use any of those items, you WILL be charged for them (for example, the coffee packs are $5.00 each). There is a coffee machine and if you choose to use it, you MUST provide your own coffee if you do not want a charge placed on your room.

I received this information today directly from the Mandalay Bay Hotel and they confirmed that these stipulations are on our NFB convention contract. I will continue to disseminate any updates regarding the national convention as I receive it. You may also visit  https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention <https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention> regarding registration and other pertinent convention information.

If you have any questions, you may contact me by phone or email.

Regards,

Marcia Robinson
Board Member
NFB of Georgia State Affiliate
770-862-0718 (cell)
emarcirobinson at gmail.com

“Vision goes beyond physical sight; it is the ability to conceive what you want to achieve and pursue that goal to fruition.” Marcia Layne Robinson