[NFB_of_Georgia] Fwd: [Nfbnet-members-list] Participants with low-vision needed for research study on the impact of contrast in interior design

Dorothy Griffin dgriffin at nfbga.org
Mon Sep 16 20:23:26 UTC 2019

Please read.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Blake, Lou Ann via NFBNet-Members-List <nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org

Date: Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 2:58 PM
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] Participants with low-vision needed for
research study on the impact of contrast in interior design
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org <nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org>

The below research participant solicitation is being provided for
informational purposes only. The National Federation of the Blind has no
involvement in this research

To be eligible for this study, participants must:

·        Have a Low-vision diagnosis.

·        Be over age 18

·        Live in the U.S.

My name is Lauren Ashley Hughes, and I am a Visiting Assistant Professor at
Mississippi State and a graduate student at the Ball State University. I am
being supervised in my research by Dr. Shireen Kanakri at Ball State
University. I am conducting an online study investigating how contrast in
the interior environment can affect a low-vision person’s perception of the
environment and their behavior within that environment. I am looking for
low-vision participants with a low-vision diagnosis that are over the age
of 18 and live in the United States of America to participate in my study.

This study consists of an online survey, which should take you less than
fifteen minutes to complete. All of your responses will be anonymous and
confidential.  Your willingness to participate in the survey will allow
interior designers and architects to learn how to design the built
environment to accommodate the low-vision population more effectively in
the future.

To begin the study, please go to:

https://bsu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eJM6Z7QizBhN8Fv

The survey can be accessed and filled out by computer or by mobile device.

If you have any questions before, during or after the study, feel free to
contact me at 662-386-4887 or by email at ahughes at caad.msstate.edu. Dr.
Kanakri can be reached at smkanakri at bsu.edu.

Thank you in advance for your participation in our research.

Warmest regards,

Lauren Ashley Hughes

Lou Ann Blake, J.D.

Deputy Executive Director, Blindness Initiatives

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

(410) 659-9314, extension 2221 | lblake at nfb.org

[image: National Federation of the Blind] <https://nfb.org/>

                         [image: Facebook]
<http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>    [image: Twitter]
<https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>    [image: Youtube]
<https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>

who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we
work together to help blind people live the lives they want.