[NFB_of_Georgia] NFB of Georgia Possibilities Fair for Seniors - JoAnn Johnson

Dorothy Griffin dgriffin at nfbga.org
Mon Sep 23 00:08:50 UTC 2019

JOIN the NFB of Georgia Possibilities Fair for seniors
Theme:  Seniors A GO-GO (Reliving the 1950s & 1960s)

Remember listening to the old sounds of Rock & Roll and Doo-Wop of your
parents, grandparents, great grandparents and for some of us Dick Clark
American Bandstand?  Well, put on your dancing shoes, grab a partner and
relive the 1950s & 1960s times again.  Join the NFB of Georgia Senior
Division Possibilities Fair on Friday, October 4, 2019 during the NFB of
Georgia State Convention as we receive vital resources, information and
programs that enrich the lives of seniors while adding a little fun to the
mix with trivia and music from the 1950s and 1960s.  Get into the mood and
dress the part and where something that says 50s or 60s such as a hat,
button or hairpiece from your local party store or go all out with the
women:  poodle skirts, cat eye glasses, Bobbie socks, sattle oxford shoes,
the go-go girl style, etc.; for the  men:  African dashiki shirts, Hawaiian
print shirts or go hippie style, whatever you wear, the $5.00 admission per
person for fun is at the 2019 Possibilities Fair weather you are a  senior
or not.  The registration, silent auction viewing and music begins at 12:30
p.m., the program begins at 1:15 p.m. trivia and music continues throughout
the fair, between presentations  and sadly the fun ends at 4:30 p.m. for
the  business meeting until 5:00 p.m.  If anyone does not wish to pay the
admission to attend the fair, we will provide escorts to quickly escort you
in for a quick viewing of the Silent Auction items and quickly escort you
out and we thank you for your support.

For more information concerning the 2019 Possibilities Fair for Seniors,
contact Vanessa Meadows, President of NFB of Georgia Senior Division by
e-mail at vmeadows at nfbga.org or Jo Ann Johnson, Program Chair at (678)
451-3975 or e-mail at joann369 at bellsouth.net

Hope to see all you “CATS & CHICKS” (Guys and Girls)
It’s going to be a “BLAST” (A Lot of Fun)
Get all “DECKED OUT” (Dressed Up) in your 50s & 60s “DIGS” (clothes)
Bring your “BREAD” for the $5.00 admission and Silent Auction.  (Money)
Do you “GIG”? (Understand)
PIECE OUT! (Good Bye)

Jo Ann Johnson, Program Chair
2019 Possibilities Fair for Seniors