[NFB_of_Georgia] Fwd: [Nfbnet-members-list] Plan for the 2020 NFB National Career Fair

Dorothy Griffin dgriffin at nfbga.org
Wed Jun 17 04:23:47 UTC 2020

--------- Forwarded message ---------
From: David Andrews via NFBNet-Members-List <nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org>
Date: Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 6:22 PM
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] Plan for the 2020 NFB National Career Fair
To: <nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org>

*Plan for the 2020 NFB National Career Fair *Tuesday, July 14 | 1:00 to
4:00 p.m. EDT

Dear Employers and Jobseekers:

Thank you for your interest in the 2020 NFB National Career Fair. Our plan
this year is to have the Career Fair on Tuesday, July 14 from 1:00 to 4:00
p.m. Eastern Time. That means it will start at noon Central, 11 a.m.
Mountain, 10 a.m. Pacific, 8 a.m. Alaskan, and 7 a.m. Hawaiian-Aleutian.
Here’s how it will work.

*Registration:*In order to participate in the Career Fair, employers and
jobseekers will be required to register ahead of time. Registration will
end at 10 p.m. EDT on Sunday, July 5, 2020. Registrations will not occur
after then. There will be no walk-ins or last-minute registrations this
year for technical reasons.

Employer registration: nfb.org/form/career-fair-employer-registration
<https://www.nfb.org/form/career-fair-employer-registration>

Jobseeker registration: nfb.org/form/career-fair-jobseeker-registration
<https://www.nfb.org/form/career-fair-jobseeker-registration>

*Employer Information:*This year’s Career Fair will be on Zoom. Our plan is
to give each employer a Zoom room. At every hour and half-hour, employers
will be expected to provide an overview of their organization and
employment opportunities, leaving time for questions from jobseekers before
the next overview begins.

In addition to having at least one recruiter to provide the overview and
talk to jobseekers, it will be necessary for each employer to provide an
individual to manage the Zoom room, mute participants, and allow
individuals to ask questions. Jobseekers who have attended one half-hour
session should be asked to leave the Zoom room to allow space for new
people.

Jobseekers who want to have more in-depth discussions or interviews with
employers should schedule them outside the Career Fair by calling or
emailing employers using the contact information provided a week before the
Career Fair.

*Employer and Jobseeker Information:*We will have a Zoom room for the
Employment Committee in case employers or jobseekers have questions at the
time. More information on that will be provided to all employer and
jobseeker registrants.

On Monday, July 6, we will send each jobseeker contact information for the
employers registered for the Career Fair so they can send resumes and cover
letters to employers who interest them. We will also send each employer the
resumes of all registered jobseekers. In that way, both parties will be
able to contact each other and arrange to meet before, during, or after the
Career Fair.

Each registered employer and jobseeker will receive technical information
on how to use our Zoom system. Everyone who wants to participate will need
to download free Zoom software onto their computer or phone in order to
access the system we are using for the Career Fair and the Convention.

*Questions?*This is the most accurate information that we have on the NFB
2020 Career Fair plan to date. If there are any changes, you will be
notified. If you have questions, please email Dick Davis at
ddavis at blindinc.org or John Dubay at jdubay at strategiccontactsolutions.com.

If you are in doubt about what to do, please register, as that will get you
on our mailing list. You can withdraw before the Career Fair if you decide
not to participate. There is no charge for employers or jobseekers to
attend.  *Note: registering for the Convention or the Exhibit Area does not
register you for the Career Fair; you must register using one of the above
links.  *

We would have liked to give you this information earlier, but as is the
case with many organizations facing COVID-19, we have had to put our plans
for the 2020 NFB National Convention together piece by piece, learning as
we went.

Since this is the first time we have taken on such an immense task, we
cannot guarantee that things will run perfectly or that we won’t have to
make some changes. But I can promise you we will do our best to make this
Career Fair a success for everyone.

Best wishes,
Dick Davis, Chair
NFB Employment Committee

Updated June 16, 2020

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#m_6985073844651977230_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>