[NFB_of_Georgia] Fwd: Can You Add to Our Virtual Bucket?

Dorothy Griffin dgriffin at nfbga.org
Tue Jun 23 18:00:38 UTC 2020

Giving request fo NFB National funds.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Tracy Soforenko <outreach at nfb.org>
Date: Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 7:01 AM
Subject: Can You Add to Our Virtual Bucket?

[image: National Federation of the Blind logo and tagline live the life you
want] <http://nfb.org>
Participate in the #NFB20 Give $20 Campaign

Every year we gather to share in fun and fellowship at our National
Convention. As you know, we will be holding our convention virtually this
year and are asking for your continued generosity. Typically, throughout
the convention, we pass a bucket which allows our attendees to drop in
their donation and contribute to one of our funds.

This year, we will pass the bucket in a different way, through our Give $20
Campaign. It is an easy way to support the National Federation of the Blind
and we are now adding an incentive to donate.
Win a Trip

When individuals give $20 or more between May 15, 2020 and noon ET on July
18, 2020, they will be entered into the Kenneth Jernigan Convention
Drawing. The prize includes round-trip transportation to the 2021 NFB
National Convention, lodging, registration, two banquet tickets, and
$1,000.00 cash. Each $20 donation is a chance to win. Your name will be
placed in the drawing for each increment of $20 you give. Give $100.00 and
you will be entered into the drawing five times.

Federationists and their friends can specify which fund they wish to
support:

   - Kenneth Jernigan Fund (KJ Fund) – The KJ Fund helps support first time
   convention attendees. The KJ Fund has been named for Dr. Kenneth Jernigan
   who planned our conventions for more than 40 years, making them what they
   are today.
   - SUN Fund (Shares Unlimited in NFB) – The SUN Fund is considered our
   “rainy day fund.”
   - White Cane Fund – This fund provides for much needed, unrestricted
   monies to the NFB.
   - tenBroek Fund – The tenBroek Memorial Fund owns the property at 200
   East Wells *at Jernigan Place* in Baltimore for the benefit of blind
   people.

How To Contribute and Enter The Drawing

To donate, you may fill out our online donation form, mail in a check, or
call our donation line:

   - To donate online: Visit https://www.nfb.org/donate
   <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17378&qid=3825999>.
Be
   sure to include #NFB20 and the fund you have chosen for your donation in
   the Contribution Note field.
   - To donate by phone: Call 410-659-9314 and select option 4.
   - To donate by check: Make your check payable to “NFB” and mail it to
   National Federation of the Blind, 200 East Wells Street @ Jernigan Place,
   Baltimore, MD 21230. Be sure to include #NFB20 and the fund you have chosen
   for your donation in the memo section.

Please contact outreach at nfb.org
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17379&qid=3825999>
with any questions. Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

Tracy Soforenko
Chair, Jernigan Fund Committee

[image: Facebook Logo]
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17380&qid=3825999>
[image:
Twitter Logo]
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17381&qid=3825999>
[image:
Instagram Logo]
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17382&qid=3825999>
[image:
YouTube Logo]
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17383&qid=3825999>
[image:
Email Icon Image]
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17384&qid=3825999>
[image:
Donate to the NFB Icon.]
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17385&qid=3825999>
National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230
| 410-659-9314
Unsubscribe
<https://www.nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=14418&qid=3825999&h=3ce8fa694e7b8171>
<https://www.nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=14418&qid=3825999&h=3ce8fa694e7b8171>