[NFB_of_Georgia] Fwd: Braille Readers Are Leaders Breaking Limits

Dorothy Griffin dgriffin at nfbga.org
Wed Dec 22 13:41:13 UTC 2021

Update for interested parties.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: National Federation of the Blind <webmaster at nfb.org>
Date: Tue, Dec 21, 2021 at 3:00 PM
Subject: Braille Readers Are Leaders Breaking Limits
To: Dorothy Griffin <dgriffin at nfbga.org>

[image: National Federation of the Blind logo and tagline live the life you
want] <http://nfb.org>
The Braille Readers Are Leaders Contest is in Full Swing!

If you haven’t already registered for the American Action Fund’s Braille
Readers Are Leaders contest, you still have time to get in on the fun and
excitement. This year’s contest runs through January 21. You can register
at Actionfund.beanstack.org
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24090&qid=6563718>.

We are almost halfway through the contest period for 2021/22. Keep up the
excellent work on reading and logging your minutes. To date, our
participants have already logged 115,653 minutes and have earned almost
2,000 badges. These are amazing numbers, and we want them to climb even
higher.
Breaking Reading Limits Awards

As in years past, we offer the Breaking Reading Limits Awards for Braille
Readers Are Leaders.

The Breaking Reading Limits Awards are given to K-12 participants with
reading challenges. Such challenges include, but are not limited to,
learning English as a second language, or having disabilities in addition
to blindness or low vision. Each student who is selected for one of these
awards will receive a check in the amount of $25.00.

If you would like your child or student to be considered for a Breaking
Reading Limits Award, please send us an email to
BrailleReadingContest at actionfund.org
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24081&qid=6563718> explaining the
reading challenges they face. Include the child’s name, grade level, and
contact information. We will make sure that this information is retained
and factored in at the end of the contest.
More Activities, More Prizes

Remember, too, that there are activities for you, your student, or child to
complete over the contest’s time period. You can post yourself reading with
your pet, tell us how you read in the dark, post a photo of you wearing
your Braille Readers Are Leaders t-shirt, and other fun activities that
help you read more Braille!

Have fun and keep reading!
About the Contest

The American Action Fund for Blind Children and Adults sponsors the annual
Braille Readers Are Leaders contest. The National Federation of the Blind
is proud to partner with the American Action Fund for this Braille literacy
contest. For more information about Braille Readers Are Leaders, visit
www.actionfund.org/programs/braille-readers-are-leaders
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24082&qid=6563718>.

[image: Facebook Logo]
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24083&qid=6563718> [image: Twitter
Logo] <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24084&qid=6563718> [image:
Instagram Logo]
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24085&qid=6563718> [image:
YouTube Logo] <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24086&qid=6563718> [image:
Email Icon Image] <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24087&qid=6563718>
National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/200+E+Wells+Street+%7C+Baltimore,+MD+21230?entry=gmail&source=g>
| 410-659-9314
Unsubscribe
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=18347&qid=6563718&h=4000553a499e3df7>