[NFB_of_Georgia] Fwd: Black History Month is a time for reflection

Dorothy Griffin dgriffin at nfbga.org
Wed Feb 17 21:50:22 UTC 2021

[image: National Federation of the Blind Logo - Go to NFB.org]
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=19973&qid=4867314>
IMAGINEERING OUR FUTURE
------------------------------
President's Letter
[image: Photo of the NFB Board of Directors, a diverse group of Federation
leaders.]

We strive every day to ensure that all blind people can lift their voice
and the diverse choir of the National Federation of the Blind is our
strongest vehicle for amplifying all our voices. More from President
Riccobono
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=19974&qid=4867314>.
Celebrate Our Black Leaders
[image: Photo of Rep. John Lewis speaking at the march for independence]

Black History Month is a time of reflection. Denise Avant shares her
thoughts on this important time, and we learn about the experiences of
Black Americans within the blind community. More about our diverse community
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=19975&qid=4867314>.
Latest News at the NFB
[image: Picture of the Blind Driver Challenge car]

Advocating for Section 6 of the Raise the Wage Act and the Access
Technology Affordability Act, accelerating accessibility with our Blind
Driver Challenge, and educating teachers of tomorrow and students of
today. Read
more news
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=19976&qid=4867314>.
Take Action This Month
[image: Picture of the US Capitol with the American flag in the foreground]

Throughout our local chapters and state affiliates to our national
headquarters and diverse committees, the National Federation of the Blind
is an organization of collective action. How you can get involved this month
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=19977&qid=4867314>.
Important Dates
[image: Picture of the Black Leaders Serving for Advancement meeting at the
national convention]

Update: President Riccobono announced at the Great Gathering-In that the
2021 national convention will be held virtually. Mark your calendar for
more Federation events. Read important dates
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=19978&qid=4867314>.

Read the complete issue online
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=19974&qid=4867314>.

characteristic that defines blind people or their future. Every day we
raise the expectations of and for blind people, because low expectations
create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. We can live the lives
we want; blindness is not what holds us back. Please join us in our work by
becoming a member, attending an event, sharing this newsletter, or
supporting our programs.

[image: Facebook Logo]
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=19979&qid=4867314>
[image:
Twitter Logo]
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=19980&qid=4867314>
[image:
Instagram Logo]
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=19981&qid=4867314>
[image:
YouTube Logo]
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=19982&qid=4867314>
[image:
Email Icon Image]
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=19983&qid=4867314>
[image:
Donate to the NFB Icon.]
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=19984&qid=4867314>
National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230
| 410-659-9314
Unsubscribe
<https://www.nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=15963&qid=4867314&h=52ff819e0c4df400>
<https://www.nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=15963&qid=4867314&h=52ff819e0c4df400>