[NFB_of_Georgia] Advocacy Update

Armando Vias armando at armandovias.com
Sun May 22 16:51:43 UTC 2022

Hello all,

I have an advocacy update.

I was recently in a news story regarding the public transportation issue in the Warner Robins area. This is a great city, but I am very frustrated with the lack of public transportation.

I am currently in contact with the Mayor. And, I hope that I will have an appointment with her sometime this week. And yes, there has been some opposition, but we NEED IT NOW! We do not know where the public transportation buses will take us, but this is very important to all of us who can’t drive in the city.

Link to Article: https://www.13wmaz.com/article/news/local/warner-robins/warner-robins-does-not-have-public-transportation-2/93-5aa6359b-0e0d-4aed-86c4-f0e92b7df0d2 <https://www.13wmaz.com/article/news/local/warner-robins/warner-robins-does-not-have-public-transportation-2/93-5aa6359b-0e0d-4aed-86c4-f0e92b7df0d2>

I am looking forward to your opinions/feedback about this issue. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Armando Vias

—
Armando L. Vias
Blind Advocate For Web-Accessibility And Disability Rights
Alumni | Georgia Academy For The Blind (GAB) (Class of 2021)
Member of National Federation of The Blind of Georgia (NFBGA) (At-Large Chapter)
www.nfbga.org <https://nfbga.org/>
Member of National Association of Blind Students (NABS)
www.nabslink.org <https://nabslink.org/>
Phone: (478) 273-0099 <tel:4782730099>

Email: armando at armandovias.com <mailto:armando at armandovias.com>

My Personal Website: armandovias.com <https://armandovias.com/>

In The News: armandovias.com/itn <https://armandovias.com/itn>

Press Releases: armandovias.com/pr <https://armandovias.com/pr>

Facebook Page (public) <https://facebook.com/armandovias>

"The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want. Blindness does not hold you back."