[NFB_of_Georgia] Ain't no stopping us now, it is time to celebrate!!! - 2023 NFBGA State Convention, October 27 -29, 2023

plewis at nfbga.org plewis at nfbga.org
Tue Aug 22 19:49:13 UTC 2023

Good Afternoon

Please past this information to all that cannot receive this email.

It is time for our annual State Convention!

The 50th state convention of the National Federation of the Blind of Georgia
is scheduled for October 27-29, 2023, and will be held at the Marriott Macon
City Center in Macon Georgia. For 50 years, our affiliate has been committed
to changing what it means to be blind. This year's theme is "Can't Stop the
Movement", and we need you in attendance to keep going strong! We invite you
to come and join us for education, fellowship, and lots of fun, as we
continue to help the blind of Georgia to keep achieving the lives they want.

Convention Registration Cost:

Registration only - $20.00 per person

Registration plus lunch - $40.00 per person

Banquet only - $60.00 per person

Registration plus banquet - $80.00 per person

Registration plus lunch and banquet - $100.00 per person

Schedule:

Friday, October 27 - Seminar Day

Saturday, October 28 - General Session & Banquet Day

Sunday, October 29 - Business Meeting

You may register for this year's convention by clicking on the following
link.

https://nfbga.org/civicrm/event/info?id=6
<https://nfbga.org/civicrm/event/info?id=6&reset=1> &reset=1

Hotel Information:

Marriott Macon City Center

240 Coliseum Drive Macon, GA. 31217

478-621-5300.

Group Rate

Our group room rate is $139.00 plus, taxes of 16% and a lodging fee of $5
per night per room. The total per night is $166.24 per room. Room types
available in our block are singles, doubles, king bed, and wheelchair
accessible. All reservations must be made by Friday, September 22, 2023, to
receive our group rate. When booking your reservations, please ask for the
National Federation of the Blind of Georgia or the NFB of Georgia convention
block rate.

You may make your reservations by calling Marriott reservations at
800-228-9290, locally at 478-621-5300 or by clinking the following link.

 <https://www.marriott.com/events/start.mi?id=1691789484788&key=GRP> Book
your group rate for National Federation of the Blind of Georgia

All reservations must be accompanied by a first night room deposit or
guaranteed with a major credit card. The hotel will not hold any
reservations unless secured by one of these methods. All reservations are
subject to a 40-hour cancellation policy. Failure to cancel a reservation 48
hours prior to arrival will result in a charge of one night's room and tax
applied to the credit card or forfeiture of the deposit.

The hotel will place a $25 hold for incidentals, at the time of
registration.

*Each person is responsible for booking their own room reservations.

The hotel will give.

Complimentary Parking

Complimentary Internet in Guestrooms and Meeting spaces

Complimentary refrigerator in each room

Sponsor And Exhibitors:

There are many ways and opportunities for you to support the National
Federation of the Blind of Georgia 2023 state Convention by becoming a
sponsor and/or an exhibitor this year. Your participation and/or
contribution will help us to keep providing education and opportunity to the
blind of Georgia through our advocacy efforts and programs. We have provided
our sponsorship and exhibitor package for you to be informed about all our
many opportunities to become a sponsor and/or an exhibitor during our
convention this year.

Please click on the follow link to register to be a sponsor and/or an
exhibitor for our convention this year.

https://nfbga.org/civicrm/event/info?id=7
<https://nfbga.org/civicrm/event/info?id=7&reset=1> &reset=1

For more information or questions about our 2023 Georgia state convention,
please contact us at

Georgiablind at nfbga.org <mailto:Georgiablind at nfbga.org>

We hope that everyone is able to come and celebrate with us for our fiftieth
state convention. We look forward to seeing you all there.

Thanks

Patrice Lewis

NFBGA, 2nd Vice President

PH: 678-756-3757