[NFBA-Phoenix] NFB PHX at the Phoenix VA

Jordan Moon jdfmoon at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 23:41:05 UTC 2018

Hi:

 Below, please find information on the Phoenix VA's White Cane Day
celebration event tomorrow. For those of you who are going, please
read below for details. Please feel free to join the Phoenix Chapter
at our table, doing some great recruiting! If anyone wants to get in
touch with me, my number is: 951-316-5363. I'll be at the VA around
9:30 and Brad is going to arive around that time, too.

Let's go build the Federation!

More information:
The Phoenix VA Visual Impairment Service Team cordially invites you to
join our 2018 White Cane Day Information Fair on October 19, from
9:00am-2:00pm. We will also be celebrating the Advanced Low Vision
Clinic’s 10th Anniversary with a “Lunch in the Dark.” Also, the
Blinded Veterans Association will continue their campus march again
this year to raise White Cane Awareness earlier in the same morning.
Please join us for any or all of the day’s festivities. The 2018 White
Cane Information Fair will take place at the Phoenix VA Medical Center
ACC Basement Conference Rooms at 10:00am, while the White Cane
Awareness March will gather at the ACC Lobby at 8:30am in order to
promptly march at 9:00am. Drivers can use the Indian School and 3rd
St. rear entrance where complimentary Valet parking is available.
Light refreshments will be provided throughout the day. However, in
celebration of the Advanced Low Vision Clinic’s 10th Anniversary, we
will eat “Lunch in the Dark” (while wearing blindfolds) to increase
awareness of the different visual impairments and challenges that
impact our Veterans. In addition, door prizes will be awarded to those
few lucky attendants.

Thank you in advance for joining us October 19 as we observe 2018
White Cane Safety Day more recently known as Blind Americans Equality
Day!

Jordan Moon