[NFBA-Phoenix] Phoenix Chapter Membership Committee Note from AZ Affiliate Membership

Kim Parks kamull13.kp at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 18:17:17 UTC 2020

Good Morning,

The Phoenix Chapter Membership Committee had a meeting yesterday
evening. Monica Nunez is our current Chapter Membership Chair. We have
diligently been working as a committee to update our Chapter Roster
this year. I spoke with Tarik Williams, our current AZ Affiliate
Membership Chair, this morning. I wanted to wish him and Joanne Gabias
congratulations; he proposed marriage to her over the holiday. I am
very excited for them! I spoke to him about the National Membership
coins that have slowly been circulating out to Federationists over the
past two years.

It is important to note that it appears the pandemic has slowed
production of the coins on a National level. Tarik is sending out an
email to the National Membership Chair, Jean Massey, today, for an
additional update.

It is important that our Chapter email him a current annual membership
roster to ensure everyone's information is current and that all AZ
Federationists are accounted for when coins become available again on
a National level.

The New Membership Information Required by National is Name (First,
Last), Address, Phone#, Date of Birth (Month, Day), Blind status,
Blind Parent, Blindness Professional, and Method of receiving New
Member Packet (Braille, Large Print, or Audio). A Member of the
Chapter or State Affiliate Membership Committee may fillout the form
for new members.

"Congratulations! You’ve welcomed a new member into your chapter! We
believe in connecting with and mentoring members as they begin their
journey with the Federation. To that end, this form is to collect
information on each new member and to begin the orientation process.
Each individual submitted will be sent a series of welcome emails by
Federation leaders with speech recommendations to assist in
orientation. In addition, they will receive, by mail, a welcome packet
containing a membership coin, a certificate of membership, and other
Federation information.

Please have an NFB representative from your chapter or affiliate
complete this form after the new member has been voted in, welcomed to
the organization, and has paid their membership dues. If you have
questions, please contact us at membership at nfb.org.

Please note that a new member is considered to be anyone who has never
held a membership with the National Federation of the Blind or those
who are renewing their membership after two years or longer." (2020,
https://www.nfb.org/civicrm/newmember/form)