[NFBA-Phoenix] NFB of AZ, Phoenix Chapter Business Meeting Agenda - September 2022

rachelrkuntz at gmail.com rachelrkuntz at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 03:04:24 UTC 2022

NFB of AZ, Phoenix Chapter Business Meeting Agenda

Sat, September 10, 2022 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM

Jordan Moon, President, 951-316-5363, nfbphoenixchapter at gmail.com
<mailto:nfbphoenixchapter at gmail.com>

Location- Hybrid/Virtual

In-Person

SAAVI Services for the Blind, 2920 N. 7th ST, Phoenix, AZ 85014

Face masks are required to enter the building. Proof of vaccination is no
longer required. Parking is located underneath our building at the ground
level. Pull in through the gate on Verde and then follow the signs for the
employee and guest parking under the building. if getting dropped off,
follow the signs for small vehicle drop off when entering the garage. Large
vehicles like mobility vans will follow the large vehicle drop off signs and
cannot pull under the building because of their height. The only way to get
into our building is from the entrance located at the Southeast corner of
the building. At the street level there is a door facing 7th ST and a door
that is accessed by a sidewalk heading out from the garage that leads around
the wall at the back of the wheelchair accessible parking spaces at the
Southeast corner of the garage. Once entering the main entrance, head
upstairs to the reception area.

For your comfort, we will have water and coffee available. We will hold our
chapter meeting in the conference room. This room is cozy and has tables, a
sound system, and plenty of seating. Keep the reception desk on your right
as you walk along the east (7th ST) hallway until reaching the last opening
on the right.  The doorway to this room lines up perfectly across from the
fitness room at the end of the hallway on the right

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/6233344710?pwd=MzhsSnVnT0Q0SzFoK3UyQ3NNWnhYUT09

Meeting ID: 623 334 4710

Passcode: 2021

One tap mobile

+12532158782,,6233344710#,,,,*2021# US (Tacoma)

+13462487799,,6233344710#,,,,*2021# US (Houston)

Dial: +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

MEETING AGENDA

Call to Order

Roll Call

Pledge of Allegiance

NFB Pledge

NFB One-Minute Message

Prayer Requests

Presidential Report-Jordan Moon

Secretary's Report - Business Meeting Minutes, August 2022

Treasurer's Report - September 2022

Presidential Release 519 , 9-1-22 recap

Legislative Report National/affiliate

Election Discussion-first Reading of the Election Month By-Law

Membership Committee -New Member Welcome

Membership Dues-Donna

Picnic Planning Update (Social and outreach Committee report)

Fundraising Committee

Technology Committee

State Division and committee updates

New Business

BEAM Activities -White Cane Awareness with the VA

State Convention- Recap

Philosophy - How does attending the state convention impact your blindness
philosophy?

Announcements

Quarterly board meeting  November Date and time to be determined

Birthdays/Anniversaries

Adjournment

Join us for lunch at China Chili, 302 E Flower St,  Phoenix 85004

NFB Pledge

I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National Federation
of the Blind,

to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind.

to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.

NFB One-Minute Message

THE NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND KNOWS THAT BLINDNESS IS NOT THE
CHARACTERISTIC THAT DEFINES YOU OR YOUR FUTURE. EVERY DAY WE RAISE THE
EXPECTATIONS OF BLIND PEOPLE, BECAUSE LOW EXPECTATIONS CREATE OBSTACLES
BETWEEN BLIND PEOPLE AND OUR DREAMS. YOU CAN LIVE THE LIFE YOU WANT;
BLINDNESS IS NOT WHAT HOLDS YOU BACK.