[NFBA-Tucson] Phoenix Seminar TODAY!

Joanne Gabias JGabias at saavi.us
Tue Jan 18 18:00:43 UTC 2022

Hello everyone,

This is a reminder email that today is Phoenix Seminar. Please take a moment to send an email or make a phone call to your representatives asking them to support the initiatives of the National Federation of the Blind of Arizona.

To find your district go to: https://azredistricting.org/districtlocator/ Your state district (for Phoenix Seminar) is called your legislative district and your federal district (for Washington Seminar) is called your congressional district.

Few key reminders:

  *   Suggested subject line "Please support National Federation of the Blind of Arizona initiatives"
  *   The Senator's list is below the Representatives list in the Roster document
  *   CC'd jgabias at saavi.us<mailto:jgabias at saavi.us> and if you make a phone call please let me know.
  *   Please let Joanne Gabias and Donald Porterfield know if the representatives reach back out to you.
  *   All representatives and senator's have received an email from the president with the fact sheets. You do not need to attached them to your email.

Attached are the following documents:

  1.  Fact Sheets and talking points for the three legislative issues
  2.  A sample letter you can used when writing your representative or senator
  3.  A roster of current members of the AZ House and Senate (with email addresses and phone numbers)

The text of the sample letter is included below for easy reference.

If you have any questions or support, reach out to me or your chapter president for assistance.

Thank you to all who have already started sending emails!

All the best,

Joanne Gabias, M.A., NOMCT, NCUEB, NCRTB
Legislative Director
Board Member
National Federation of the Blind of Arizona
Cell: 318-497-2782

***

Dear Representative/senator:

My name is [insert your name here], and I am a resident of Arizona Legislative District [insert your legislative district]. I am writing on behalf of the National Federation of the Blind of Arizona to urge you to support policy initiatives that are important to all blind Arizonans.

This year, we have three initiatives we are seeking your support for. Our initiatives are:

  1.  Accessible Absentee and Mail in Ballots for Blind and Visually Impaired Arizonans
  2.  Braille and Blindness Certification
  3.  Additional Funding for the Independent Living Blind Program for Seniors

Detailed fact sheets of these initiatives are being sent in a separate email from our affiliate president and legislative director.

I am asking you to either sponsor or co-sponsor legislation supporting these initiatives. If you have any questions, please contact our legislative director, Joanne Gabias at 318-497-2782, or by email at jgabias at saavi.us<mailto:jgabias at saavi.us>.

Thank you for your consideration and support, and for helping blind Arizonans as we work to finish our business of achieving independence and equality for all blind Arizonans.

Respectfully,

[Insert your name]