[NFBAZ-EastValleyChapter] Phoenix Chapter picnic countdown reminder

Mark Feliz mafeliz0641 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 14:48:52 UTC 2022

Four DAYS AWAY AND COUNTING DOWN!!!

The Phoenix Chapter is looking forward to welcoming our Federation
Family and friends to the BEAM Picnic and Walk for Independence!

Date:  Saturday, October 1, 2022

Time:  11:00 AM to 3:00 PM

Location:  Margaret T. Hance Park, 67 W. Culver St., Phoenix, AZ
85003, West Ramada

Note: Enter the park from 3rd Ave and Culver St. The West Ramada is
next to the swing set and is a few feet from the parking lot.

The planning team appreciates the generous response of members
throughout The Valley, volunteering to take an active role by grilling
or serving, bringing a favorite side dish, furnishing other picnic
supplies, sharing games, and/or donating Door Prizes.  This is an NFB
family-friendly event, and we want to ensure that everyone has fun and
is safe.  Therefore, we are reminding everyone of the following:

Food Allergies:  If you are bringing a side dish, please provide the
type of dish and a list of the ingredients to Vicki, by Thursday,
September 29, at

vjazz at cox.net

This information will be provided in advance and at the picnic to
alert those with food allergies, so they can make safe choices.

Side Dish Serving Container:  We encourage those bringing a side dish
to use disposable containers, if possible.  If a personal bowl, dish,
or storage container is used, please mark it with your name, so it
returns home with you.

Folding Chairs or Blankets:  You may want to bring a folding chair,
portable deck chair, or blanket for more comfortable seating after
eating lunch.  Please mark it with your name, so it returns home with
you.

Family-Friendly Event:  In order to preserve the spirit of this
family-friendly gathering, the use of alcohol and/or controlled
substances is prohibited, and anyone in violation will be required to
leave, immediately.  Thank you for your cooperation!

Sun Screen Lotion:  It has been three years since we have gathered in
an outdoor venue, and it is easy to forget to be protected against UV
rays, whether skies are sunny or overcast.  Wearing a hat with a brim
and the generous application of sun screen lotion of at least SPF 30
can help make your picnic experience more enjoyable.  This is
especially important for children and those with a fair complexion.

NFB Swag:  If you like winning, then you will want to search through
your dresser drawers and closets for T-shirts, hats, and other
NFB-branded gear to wear at the Blind Equality and Achievement Month
(BEAM)  picnic.  Everyone wearing NFB swag will have their name
entered into a Drawing, that will be awarded during the picnic.  This
is a great way for the public to recognize members of the National
Federation of the Blind, “Living the lives we want, because we know
that blindness is not what holds us back!”

Join us on Saturday, and be a vital part of the Fun and the Movement!

Warmly,

Rachel