[NFBAZ-EastValleyChapter] computers for the blind information

Mark Feliz mafeliz0641 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 18:37:46 UTC 2023

Computers for the Blind application process and price sheet:

There are four steps to the order and purchase process here at
Computers for the Blind.
list of 1 items
1. Please complete an application.
list end
This application is available on our web site
www.orders.computersfortheblind.org
list of 1 items
2. In 2021, we started requiring proof of blindness or of a visual
disability, which can come from an eye doctor or an official blindness
organization
confirming the disability is legal blindness.
list end
Please send this document by email to us at

service at computersfortheblind.org
or you can fax or mail it to the info in my signature.

list of 1 items
3. Please make your payment by phone with a debit or credit card
list end
or by sending a money order to our mailing address.
list of 1 items
4. We ship the computer.
list end

Our laptops start at $200 and our desktops start at $145.
I have also attached a document that has more information and pricing
for your convenience.
We are currently discounting our laptops. When a person receives any
type of Social Security Benefits, is a Veteran, the spouse of a
Veteran or
a student we can provide a $150 discount. I recommend the laptop
configurations if you meet any of these
qualifications for the discount.
Please feel free to contact us with additional questions or for
assistance in completing your application.
Respectfully,

Marci Duty
JAWS Certified, 2022
Computers For The Blind
Customer Service
1201 S Sherman St Suite 206
Richardson, TX 75081
(O) 214.340.6328
(F) 214.452.0565
E-mail:
service at computersfortheblind.org
Visit us on the Web:
http://www.computersfortheblind.org
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.”
Price sheet information below:
CFTB Price Sheet.pdf
Computer Price Sheet
Computers can be ordered by calling our Customer Service team at (214) 340-6328
or by ordering online at
computersfortheblind.org.
Please mention the
configuration you would like, or the item number associated with that setup.
Please also ask about financial help that can lower the cost of the system.
All computers come with the following:
• Windows 10 Pro Operating System
• Microsoft Office Home and Student 2019 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneNote)
list of 3 items
• Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox Browsers
• Various helpful programs: Project Gutenberg, Bard Express, Adobe
Acrobat, Typio Typing Tutorial (Demo version)
• Various help files: Computer setup instructions, tutorials, training
guides, and FAQ articles
list end
list of 1 items
• JAWS 2023 Screen Reader OR ZoomText 2023 Screen Magnifier/Reader
list of 1 items nesting level 1
o Includes a one-year license to desired program, and access to the
list end nesting level 1
list end
Home Annual License afterwards. Requires an email address to
activate and for access to the Freedom Scientific licensing portal.
list of 1 items
• The JAWS Training Bundle, which helps users master using JAWS
list end
Computers for the Blind is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization located
in Richardson, TX.
We provide refurbished computers with assistive technology to persons
who are blind or have low vision. Free shipping in USA. No income or
age requirements.

This information is also available on our website in an accessible format.
State Agency PO’s accepted, please email them to
agency at computersfortheblind.org.
table with 4 columns and 36 rows
Type
Item #
Description
Price
Laptops
Machine
L-0025
Laptop, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD
$200
Machine
L-0049
Laptop, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD
$285
Machine
L-0050
Laptop, 8GB RAM, 1TB SSD
$350
Machine
L-0028
Laptop, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD
$300
Machine
L-0051
Laptop, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD
$385
Machine
L-0052
Laptop, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
$450
Machine
L-0031
Large Screen Laptop, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD
$250
Machine
L-0053
Large Screen Laptop, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD
$335
Machine
L-0054
Large Screen Laptop, 8GB RAM, 1TB SSD
$400
Machine
L-0034
Large Screen Laptop, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD
$350
Machine
L-0055
Large Screen Laptop, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD
$435
Machine
L-0056
Large Screen Laptop, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD