[NFBAZ-EastValleyChapter] RECENT ANNOUNCEMENT FROM BE MY EYES

Mark Feliz mafeliz0641 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 17:09:49 UTC 2023

Hi Mark,

Be My Eyes is pleased to announce a major new feature called Be My Eyes Groups!

For years we’ve heard from our community that not every person is
comfortable asking for help from an unknown volunteer, no matter how
kind. That’s why, starting today, Be My Eyes is offering a major new
capability to give blind people more choices.

In addition to our existing 7.1 million volunteers, now blind people
worldwide can also build their own custom network of people to help
with everyday tasks. Build your own trusted group of friends or family
to help with more personal and sensitive tasks you might not wish to
share with an unknown volunteer – it’s your choice.

Maybe you need a friend or family member to confirm a medication. Or
maybe you would feel more comfortable with a friend reviewing your
paper mail. Surely among 20 friends and family members someone would
be happy to help you out at the moment you need it. Now Be My eyes
technology makes that easy. Once you’ve assembled your trusted group,
just press the “My groups” button to connect with the first available
person who is known to you.

To create a new group, click on “My groups” in the Be My Eyes App
homepage and follow the instructions on the screen. After you have
created and named your first group, you will be able to send an invite
link to your friends and family members. You will find the link at the
end of the group creation process. Once you’ve assembled your trusted
circle, just press the Be My Eyes Groups button to connect with the
first available person who is known to you. You can enter up to 20
people in your circle and have up to 5 different groups on Be My Eyes.

When you’ve set it up, your group will always be there to help, in any
language you and your friends speak. And just like the other Be My
Eyes features such as standard volunteers, Specialized Help and now Be
My AI, our new Be My Eyes Groups feature is free of charge for non
commercial use.

We’ll roll out Be My Eyes Groups worldwide beginning December 20th as
an open beta test to ensure it’s working well for our worldwide user
group. To access this new feature, just open the current Be My Eyes
app and click on the button marked “My groups” to start creating your
individual trusted group.

We welcome user feedback about the feature. Write to us at
info at bemyeyes.com so we can continue to improve this service.

Learn more about our new Be My Eyes Groups feature in our new blog
post: www.bemyeyes.com/blog/be-my-eyes-integrates-friends-and-family-groups

For a step-by-step guide about how to create your own trusted group,
visit: https://support.bemyeyes.com/hc/en-us/articles/21034815699857-How-do-I-use-Be-My-Eyes-Friends-and-Family-Groups-

Best regards, Mike from Be My Eyes

Keep in touch, find us on:

Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on YouTube Follow
us on Instagram Follow us on TikTok
Questions or concerns? Try our FAQ or contact our support team.

Our address: Be My Eyes, 1155 Market St. 10th Floor, San Francisco, CA 🇺🇸

“Small acts of kindness with global impact.”
Be My Eyes