[Nfbaz-talk] Fw: Maricopa county regional transit presentations

Allison (NFBA) nfbarizona at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 21:22:32 UTC 2009

Gabe,

You mean we can't be serious about the car that can be driven by the blind?
No, I don't believe
in it personally.  But I never claimed to agree with absolutely everything
the NFB says/does.  Many folks assume that I do, but you know what they say
about assuming.  I'm a rather free-thinking person who likes to educate
myself
and look at an issue from multiple angles.  So occasionally the NFB takes a
stance on something that I don't agree with 100%.  I don't feel that makes
me any less of a federationist however because I do my best to support the
NFB's policies and programs to the extent that I can.  And I definitely
believe that the NFB
is the best organization for me to be a member of.  I also believe that it's
the best organization for most other people as well.  I think it's the
consumer group out there doing the most to improve the lives of blind
people.   It's not the only one affecting positive change, but it's the one
I find that does the most good overall.  But the NFB has a very diverse
membership, and no one group can meet the needs/wants of its members all the
time.  There's just too many varying opinions out there.  And like most of
its members, I think that the NFB does the best that it possibly can.

So Gabe, how've you been?  I haven't heard too much from you lately.  Hope
you're
having a nice summer.

Allison