[NFBC-At-Large] FW: [NFBC-Info] AUCTION BASKETS ARE READY FOR BIDDERS!

tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 16:23:08 UTC 2020

Subject: [NFBC-Info] AUCTION BASKETS ARE READY FOR BIDDERS!

	Hello fellow Federationists!  I'm excited to report that even with
this year'svirtual convention, we're hosting auctions for our annual chapter
donated baskets!  Help the state affiliate raise a little green, have some
fun reading about what your fellow chapter members and NFB of California
members put in their baskets up and down the state, do a little shopping
yourself and end it all with a tax deductible donation to our very worthy
cause!  For details on how to achieve all these goals, see below!

Let the bidding begin!

Brian Buhrow and Michael Richardson -- the Auction Basket Team!

	During this year's virtual convention, we'll be conducting an
on-line auction of items donated by our chapters to both raise money for the
state affiliate and to highlight our chapter affiliates.  Here are
instructions for visiting the auction site, bidding on items of interest, as
well as purchasing those items if you happen to be the winning bidder.

	To visit the auction site and view the items available, browse to:
http://auctions.nfbcal.org
If you wish to bid on an item, you may log in using your pre-registered
account.  If you pre-registered with the convention, your username will be
the e-mail address you used during your registration process.  Your password
will be the phone number you provided as your primary phone number, minus
any punctuation.  For example, if you registered with the phone number:
818-234-5678, your password would be: 8182345678.  If you did not
pre-register with the convention or if you didn't provide enough
pre-registration information to create an account, you can register with the
auction site directly and bid on items.
Below are instructions for completing specific tasks on the auction site.

O  To view the items available for auction, perform the following steps:

1.  Browse to http://auctions.nfbcal.org

2.  Click on the word Donation, the line says, donation baskets.

3.  You'll find a list of the baskets for auction on the next page.

4.  To see what's in a given basket, click on its name.  You will then see
the contents of that basket and will be able to bid on it on that page.

O  To register for a new username, perform the following steps:

1.  Browse to http://auctions.nfbcal.org

2.  Click on the New Registration button at the bottom of the page.

3.  Enter your e-mail address, a password (twice), name and address and
click the submit button.

4. This will log you in and register your account for future use.

O  To place a bid on a specific item, perform the following steps:

1.  Following the browsing instructions above for getting to a specific
basket.

2.  Once you've loaded the page with the specific auction basket you wish to
bid on, enter your e-mail address and password in the fields provided, as
well as your desired bid.

3.  Press the "Place Bid" button once you are ready to confirm your choices.

	If your bid is the winning bid for a specific item, you will receive
an e-mail once the auction closes informing you of your status as the
winner.
In that e-mail, you will find a link to take you to a page where you can
purchase the item and confirm where you would like it delivered.  You will
have 72 hours to complete your purchase once the e-mail is sent to you.  If
you fail to complete your purchase in that time, your status as winning
bidder will be withdrawn and the item will be offered to the next highest
bidder.
	Once you've completed your purchase by paying for it, the chapter
who donated the basket will be notified of your purchase and will be given
your contact and shipping information so that the items can be sent to you.

	If you have questions about this process, or need help submitting a
bid, you may contact Michael Richardson or Brian Buhrow during the
convention.

Brian Buhrow: buhrow at nfbcal.org
Michael Richardson: michaeljr66 at yahoo.com

Sincerely,