[NFBC-At-Large] FW: At-Large-Chapter meeting minutes January 21, 2021

tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 21:01:41 UTC 2021

Good afternoon At-Large-membership:

I would like to invite you all to our monthly chapter meeting. The meeting
will take place on Thursday evening at 7:00PM via Zoom. Below my signature,
you will find the minutes for our January 21,2021 meeting. I will send the
Zoom information in a separate email.

Thank you.

Tina Thomas-At-Large-Vp/Secretary.

*The At-Large-Chapter of the NFBCA was called to order at 7:05PM by Vice
President-Tina t. President Cathy Gaten was absent due to professional
Development Orientation for her PHD program. Congratulations from all of us
and best wishes.

*attendees: Tina T., Carmen W., Robert S., Ever H., Katrina M., Toby W.,
Isabel Y., and Jeanie C, and Judy T.

*Meeting Minutes: There were no meeting minutes to be approved, being that
our December meeting was a Christmas social hour.

*Treasurer's Report: Ending Balance:$843

*Washington Seminar: Robert Stigile gave a brief synopsis on the issues that
will be presented to our congresspersons. As of this writing, we have 4
legislative issues we will be discussing. For more information on these
issues, go to www.nfb.org <http://www.nfb.org> .

*CA affiliate

Business: Robert Stigile reported there was no State affiliate

Business

At this time, accept for the issues being presented at Washington Seminar.

NFB National Business: Ever Hairston reported that the NFB Board of
Directors has revised our Code of Conduct to include Sexual misconduct in
the NFB. Ever also informed us that the NFB has partnered with an
organization called Rainn, and they will be assisting our organization with
shaping our Code of Conduct, so that all of the survivors will be heard. She
also talked with us about our 2021 National Convention. Our National
Convention was to be held in New Orleans in early July, however, do to
COVID-19 19, it has been decided that our 2021 Convention will be held
virtually. Stay tuned for more details.

*Other Business: The NFB Store is now back on line, and there are a lot of
materials, educational and gadgets, canes etc.   available for purchase. The
NFB Store also has an item of the month. For more information, go to
www.nfb.org <http://www.nfb.org>  and search for Independence Market

*NFB Corner: The Chapter discussed reading NFB materials. President Gaten
had mentioned that she would like everyone to begin reading "Walking Alone
and Marching Together". We also discussed reading our 75TH anniversary
"History of the NFB". We had a get to know you activity. Both Judy and
Jeanie shared their stories and how they came to the NFB.

*Adjourn: Motion was made by Robert and seconded by Ever to adjourn. Motion
caried. The meeting was adjourned at 8:15PM.

Respectfully submitted by Tina Thomas-VP/Secretary