[NFBC-At-Large] FW: [NFBC-Info] Get Connected

tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 02:03:33 UTC 2021

Subject: [NFBC-Info] Get Connected

The National Federation of the Blind is instrumental in providing many
services and opportunities to blind individuals. Because of the work of the
NFB, we have access to many local and national publications through NFB News
Line for the Blind.

We also have access to a vast network of blindness related on line resources
including:

.        The National NFB e-mail list

.        State affiliate e-mail lists

.        Interest based  blindness related e-mail lists

.        Face Book groups and pages.

Additionally, NFB provides several publications written  by and for the
blind including:

.        the Braille Monitor

.        Future Reflections.

To help NFB members learn about and take advantage of these services,
networks, and publications, the national Federation of the Blind of
California, San Diego Chapter will host a Get Connected Zoom event. Chapter
members will be available to answer questions about these services and
assist attendees begin the process of "'getting connected.""

When?

Saturday, January 30, 2021, 11:30 AM. Chapter members will use break out
rooms to answer attendees

Where?

Zoom Meeting

If you or someone you know would like to attend our Get connected Event,
please contact Chapter President Allison Depner. We have room for 15 guests
as we want to make sure everyone receives the assistance needed, and we have
a limited number of helpers. You may send an e-mail to
adepner1425 at gmail.com. You may also call me at (619) 952.2352

So, Let's Get Connected!

Respectfully,

Allison Depner