[Nfbc-info] Request for advice, at the risk of asking a foolish question ...

Angela fowler fowlers at syix.com
Sun Dec 21 05:45:13 UTC 2008

Dear friends,
    I am in the process of figuring out how to include meta text in the code
for my web site
www.syix.com/seeingwithoutvision
Meta text is text which describes your web page so that search engines can
bring it up when people type in certain keywords. For example, if you type
in Blind & California, a search engine would bring up the nfbc web site. My
question for all of you is this:
    A person looking for information about blindness, either newly blind or
trying to help a friend ... what sorts of things would he be likely to enter
into a search engine? Basically, what should I put in my meta code which
would make my web page come up for its targeted audience?
    Understand that I have been totally blind all my life, and acquainted
with the NFB to a greater or lesser extent for all the time I have been
interested in learning about blindness, so I have never really had to seek
out information about it. I appreciate all your help.

Thank you

Angela Fowler

fowlers at syix.com