[Nfbc-info] Google college scholarships

Bryan Bashin bashin at calweb.com
Thu Apr 16 16:50:19 UTC 2009

Folks,

If you know a blind student studying computer science or a
closely-related field, the new Google scholarship, below may be quite
useful.  Note the June 1 deadline to apply.

Bryan Bashin

Introducing the Google Lime Scholarship

4/15/2009 01:10:00 PM

Today, we're pleased to announce the most recent addition to our
scholarship programs, the Google Lime Scholarship for Students with
Disabilities. We're

partnering with
Lime
  to offer scholarships to students with disabilities who are
pursuing university degrees in the field of computer science in
Canada or the U.S. Lime is

a not-for-profit organization that brings together global
corporations and people with disabilities, bringing to light an
untapped source of talent. Scholarships

will be granted for the 2009-2010 academic year, and recipients will
be invited to attend an all-expenses-paid retreat at the Googleplex
in Mountain View

in 2010.

We hope that this program will increase opportunities for students
with disabilities and encourage them to pursue careers in computer
science. We also

hope to foster long-lasting relationships through which these
students can support each other over the course of their academic studies.

The deadline to apply for this year's Lime Scholarship is June 1,
2009. For complete details, visit
www.google.com/jobs/scholarships.