[Nfbc-info] Brainstorming! Fundraising idea part II

Michael Peterson its_mike at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 13 11:17:33 UTC 2009

Hi all I have begun working on the "giant pizza feast which will be held on
the first day of fall September  21 2009 More details soon but heres part II
Many of you want to help grow our convention and can't attend the pizza
event  because you are to far away or because of other obligations or maybe
just because your counting callories!
Would those who can't make it be willing to support a simultaneous virtual
effort?
I will tell you how the check or money order is to be written out if this
sounds good and it will be to the sponsoring NFBC chapter.
You can donate just like you would buy pizza $3 $5 whatever by check or
money order because if you pay through paypal they might have a limit
minimum.  When I was working with the American cancer society it was $10.
I'm not asking for virtual pizza purchases yet just want feed back would you
be willing to help that way rather than having to buy a coupon book you
might never use, also is there interest in coupon books at $15 $20 a piece
with straw hat if we can get that fund drive happening?
I would like to finish this drive by the beginning to say the 14th of
october.
Once the bus going to the convention is covered if additional funds are left
over we could perhaps donate them to the affiliate to be used to help
sponsor members who need help  attending the convention.
Or would you feel more compelled to donate to the virtual fund if we solely
used this portion to sponsor people so they could afford to come thus
helping boost our attendance.
We really need the highest attendance possible and as many blind people as
possible walking across the golden gate bridge.  It's a statement for
braille literacy and it's a statement letting everyone know the NFBC is
alive and well in California that blind people care about their future and
want to be involved in shapeing it!
We need in my opinion 300 or more to attend if possible because with all the
California budget cuts it will show those who need to know blind people are
concerned!
If they see a larger group they will know that we have lots more at home who
couldn't be there.
While we might not be impacted further with SSI SSD other programs could be
impacted because money is tighter.
We also need to have our voice affectively heard with vocational
rehabilitation and the Kendell reader just to name a few projects and while
numbers physical numbers aren't everything they do help.

Other efforts you can make on and individual basis, invite a friend or two
share a room if you need to not just to save you money but to make it
possible for others to come also share any ideas you may have how we can get
more blind people to attend.
Mike Peterson

Mike Peterson

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4330 (20090812) __________