[Nfbc-info] leaving for law school

Deepa Goraya deepa.goraya at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 02:02:21 UTC 2009

Hello my fellow Californians,

I would like to share some sad but exciting news with you all. At the end of  June, I was admitted to the University of Michigan Law School, which is ranked as one of the top ten law schools  in the country! I had been waitlisted there and had been really hoping to get in, and I was overjoyed after receiving a phone call from the Dean letting me know that I was admitted! I have committed to attending the U of M in the fall, which means I will be having to leave California at the end of August.

I'm really excited to be going to such a fantastic school and nervous to be starting this intense program, but sad to be leaving CABS, the NFBC, and all of my friends here at home both in the NFB and without. I have enjoyed so much being a part of this affiliate and being on the CABS board. Our student board has done such an amazing job this year, and I am proud to have been part of such a hard-working, dedicated, and motivated group. I am now ready to pass the presidency on to the next board and president.

I am planning on working in Washington, D.C. after law school if it works out. I had such an amazing experience there from January to May interning for Senator Dodd on the Hill, and I love DC so much. So I don't know if I will be permanently back in California or not. However, I will still be interning in Cali one summer and maybe doing a Fellowship or something after law school if I can, hopefully for Disability Rights Advocates. So I'm sure I will still be able to attend some state conventions from time to time, and I will of course be seeing many of you at national conventions! I will still be part of the NFBC list for a while, so please stay in touch and get my email if you would like to write every now and then.

Thank you so much for all the support and love you all have given me in the NFBC and in CABS. I'm going to really miss my California family. Now, I am going to begin preparing for this next chapter of my life!

Warmly,

Deepa Goraya