[Nfbc-info] Share your courage, compassion and strength. Register now for the NFBC convention.

Mary Willows mwillows at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 15 21:02:13 UTC 2009

If you like to walk and talk, sing and dance, play Bunco, see old friends
and make new ones, and learn about current technology, legislation,
employment opportunities, education or scholarships, then you will want to
be at the 2009 annual convention of the National Federation of the Blind of
California.

Make hotel reservations for October 22 through 25 at the Hilton
Newark/Fremont. The number is (510) 490-8390. It is located at 39900
Balentine Drive, Newark, CA 94560. The  hotel room  rate is $85.00 per night
plus tax for single, double, triple, or quad.

If you wish to participate in the 1st annual "Whozit Walk for Braille", you
may want to extend your stay at the hotel by one night. Be sure to tell the
reservation operator that you want to arrive on October 21 for the National
Federation of the Blind of California Golden Gate Bridge Walk. A  bus headed
for the bridge will leave  the hotel on October 22 at 11:30 am sharp! A sack
lunch will be available on the bus. Since we have a limited number of seats
available, please register soon so that I can have an accurate passenger
count.

A sponsor sheet is also available on the website. The goal is for Whozit to
bring our message about Braille to the San Francisco Bay Area. We are going
to get the largest number of blind people, in the most unusual location,
with the most influential people in California. Please work hard to support
Whozit by getting sponsors for this historic event across the 1.9 mile
suspension bridge.

The hotel is accessible by train (Amtrak or BART), bus (AC Transit) and
plane (San Jose Airport or Oakland Airport). There is a limited shuttle
service from the hotel, so please make arrangements early.

Convention registration prices are as follows:
Pre-registration for the convention, 3 meals and Bunco = $95.00 (at the door
$110.00)
Pre-registration for the convention and 3 meals = $85.00
Pre-registration for the convention = $15.00
A single ticket for 1 event is as follows: Friday Night  Bunco = $10.00,
Banquet = $43.00, Diabetes Action Network Lunch (Saturday) = $27.00, Chapter
Interaction Breakfast and Awards = $15.00

You can REGISTER NOW at the website by clicking on the link below.

http://www.nfbcal.org/nfbc/prereg09.html

See you in Newark!

Mary Willows, President
mwillows at sbcglobal.net