[Nfbc-info] inmate and court information about Diane's attacker

Michael Peterson its_mike at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 31 14:42:27 UTC 2009

    Can some one post court directions which court etc?I know we have to
take the gold line to downtown.

I am not sure I will be able to make it because if I have to do an
internship interview tomorrow it could prevent me but if not I will try.
I am calling several counselors with DOR  and Sac society today in follow up
to previous calls and I need my 150fieldwork  hours yesterday so if they
tell me to come in to talk tomorrow afternoon I have to but otherwise will
try to be at this court hearing.
And, even if they ask me to come in tomorrow I will try to schedule the
conference earlier or for Wednesday.
So god willing and as they say if the creek don't rise we'll be there.
Solidarity is important to show the media we are concerned but also maybe it
will be an encouragement to Diane if she sees the news cast and sees the
blind community rally arround her.
I know if this had happened to me and I were in the hospital and my brothers
and sisters of the blind community  across the region took time from their
busy schedules to stand in support it would feel good and be very
encouraging.
Even if she doesn't see the news she will know people will tell her how the
blind stand with her.  Of course she all ready knows it intelectually but
how great it feels to see the support. Like cards and letters flowers it's
another good way to show Diane we care.
A real manifestation of the person of the blind movement marching together
to make a statement which has always made us strong whether on the
barricades against nac or walking across the bridge for blind literacy.
Whether in the court fighting for the rights of blind parents to keep  their
children or the rights of blind people to teach their children,  or in the
schools fighting for blind students.Whether fighting the airlines or public
transit so we could travel about freely or the public misconceptions so we
could rent apartments live independently and work in our communities across
the country and arround the world, We work and play, march and sing and join
hands in solidarity with one voice changing what it means to be blind so
let's do it one more time for Diane!
 Terra and I  will keep her in our prayers for a spedy recovery.

MikePeterson.