[Nfbc-info] This is what we are up against with my space.

Michael Peterson its_mike at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 13 19:28:00 UTC 2009

Hi all. Yesterday I finally got in touch with my space had to read arround the site talk to some network solutions people etc.
Anyway finally because I can't log in I sent this note copied from the return document so might not be as readable.
"---------------------------------------------------------
Hello I am blind and can’t read the captcha to reset my
password so I can’t log in. I forgot the password the other
day and put in the wrong one. While I’m here, several blind
people are having accessability issues with their screen
readers is there someone we can communicate with to try to
make myspace more accessible? thanks Michael Peterson
Now here's the answer they sent: Enjoy!
If it doesn't make you who are non techeies heads spin nothing will.
Mike
Hello,
If you have a MySpace account, but cannot log in, please try the following suggestions:
MYSPACE SITE ERROR
Significant MySpace site errors are posted on the MySpace Help Blog. Check the blog
to see if there is a known login issue.
www.myspace.com/myspacehelp
CLEAR COOKIES
Clear your browser's cookies and temporary internet files, then try to log in again.
This is a simple process, but if you don't know how to do it, you can find instructions
in your browser's help file.
INTERNET BROWSER
Often, trying a different internet browser can do the trick. For example, try Internet
Explorer if you are using AOL. Mac users should use Safari or Firefox for the best
results.
SECURITY SETTINGS
Try lowering your browser's security settings. If you are using a firewall, try lowering
those settings, if possible too.
TOO MANY FAILED LOGIN ATTEMPTS
If you see the message Too many failed login attempts, wait 15 minutes then try to
log in again.
DELETED PROFILES
Make sure your profile has not been deleted. If you cannot find your profile, or
see Invalid Friend ID when you search for it, your profile may have been deleted.
If it was removed by MySpace, it was because of a violation of the MySpace Terms
of Service (inappropriate images, spam, cyber bullying, underage use, etc). We do
not keep records of removed profiles or images. Once an account has been deleted,
it cannot be reactivated. You can find the MySpace Terms link at the bottom of all
MySpace pages, or copy and paste the following URL into your browser's address bar
http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=misc.terms
PASSWORD AND/OR USERNAME
Verify that you are logging in with the correct username and password.
To retrieve your password:
1. Go to
www.myspace.com
 and click on Forgot Password or copy and paste the following URL into your browser's
address bar:
http://collect.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.retrievepassword&MyToken=3b1fccb8-8d0c-4f64-8428-e4fd5f41899e
2. Enter the email address you signed up with.
3. In about 5 minutes, an email will be sent to the email address (username) on your
profile. If you do not receive your password, you may have inadvertently signed up
with an invalid email address.
4. Be sure to check your junk/bulk mail folder because sometimes the password is
sent there rather than your inbox.
If you do not receive your password, please reply to this message with the URL to
your profile or Friend ID, your email address and a salute.
SALUTE
Please note that if there are no identifying photos on your profile, we will be unable
to confirm ownership and disclose any information or take action on that account.
1. A salute is a current photo of you holding a handwritten sign with your friend
id. Your MySpace Friend ID is the last set of numbers in your URL in the address
bar of your internet browser. You can find your Friend ID by using Search to look
for your profile. (You do not have to log in to your profile to use this feature.)
upload your salute to a web site and send us a link to the photo.
3. We will email your password to you. If you wish to change your email address or
password, be sure to include the ones you'd like to use in the message.
Your salute will be used for identification purposes only. Please make sure we can
clearly see your face, your Friend ID, and your hands holding the sign.
We do not accept birthdates as a means of verification.
If you are a band profile, you are required to submit a salute and send your request
musicsupport at myspace.com
.
We hope you found this information helpful. If this does not fully address your question
or concern, please reply directly to this email keeping the subject line intact.