[Nfbc-info] Attention: Blind/Visually Impaired Comcast Customers

Kaitlin Anderson kanderson at dralegal.org
Tue Jan 20 19:39:34 UTC 2009

Attention: Blind and Visually Impaired Comcast Customers:

Disability Rights Advocates is investigating the experiences of blind
and visually impaired consumers of Comcast's television, digital
telephone and/or Internet services.  If you use Comcast for any of these
services or did so in the past, or if you have had interactions with
Comcast even though you ultimately decided not to purchase their
services, we would like to hear from you!  In particular, we are
interested in hearing from blind and visually impaired customers about
their experiences with Comcast in the following areas:

	*	Were you able to obtain bills, product manuals, new
customer packets, and other materials in accessible formats?

	*	Were you provided with 411 directory assistance on a
Comcast phone line free of charge (a service that Comcast is supposed to
provide to its visually impaired customers)?

	*	Were you able to access the Comcast.com website?

	*	Were you able to use services such as on-demand
programming or Comcast's digital video recorder (DVR) that are generally
accessed through a visual interface on the television screen?

While we are primarily focusing our inquiry in these four areas, we
would also be interested in hearing about other issues you have
regarding the accessibility of Comcast's products and services or about
any interactions you have had with Comcast that relate to your
disability.  Please send comments about your experiences to Kaitlin
Anderson at Disability Rights Advocates at kanderson at dralegal.org.  You
may also contact her by phone at 510-665-86

Kaitlin Anderson
Disability Rights Advocates
2001 Center Street, Fourth Floor
Berkeley, CA 94704-1204
510-665-8644 ext.185 (phone)
510-665-8716 (tty)
510-665-8511 (fax)

www.dralegal.org <http://www.dralegal.org/>

*****STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY *****

The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are confidential
and are intended solely for the addressee. This information may also be
legally privileged. This transmission is sent in trust, for the sole
purpose of delivery to the intended recipient. If you have received this
transmission in error, any use, reproduction or dissemination of this
transmission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail or at
510.665.8644 and delete the message and its attachments, if any.