[Nfbc-info] Long term care insurance

Ken Volonte kenvolonte at comcast.net
Sat Jan 24 18:58:11 UTC 2009

Hi Mary.  The problem is more with normal health care insurance, and it's
not a blindness issue, but an issue of the insurer having too much of a say
in treatment options.  Some years ago, I bought a supplemental plan that
looked good on paper.  I dropped it a month later after receiving treatment
for a migraine which treatment was dictated by the plan's protocols.

    Then there's the question of risk.  If you're a part of a high risk
group, the likelihood is that you will pay more in premiums per month than
you will ever use even if you had no insurance at all.