[Nfbc-info] Long term care insurance

ckrugman at sbcglobal.net ckrugman at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 24 19:35:45 UTC 2009

The blindness issue can be a very definite issue when it comes to individual
health insurance. Many insurance will exclude blind people as they consider
it a pre-existing condition. When it comes to private health insurance there
is nothing that requires insurance to consider coverage for pre-existing
disabilities even when they may not cause a health risk such as much of the
congenital blindness that never changes. This is what happens when results
of deregulation exists and industries are allowed to set their own
standards. For a short time I went through training to sell insurance and
this came up. I only stayed with the job for a few months for various
reasons that I won't go in to here although I had a very accommodating
employer.
Chuck