[Nfbc-info] Braille proclamation

Jennifer Boylan jaboylan at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 20 19:11:18 UTC 2009

Hi List,
As Ken stated, there is not too much involved in getting the proclamation to the mayor.  Special thanks to the author of this wonderful Braille Readers are Leaders proclamation!  The text of the proclamation is available on the listserve and is easily customized for your official/region.  Most city councils have an agenda item on their schedules reserved for proclamations and recognitions/awards.  Provide a cover sheet with the proclamation stating the name and (briefly) the purpose of the proclamation.  Provide the name and title of an individual from your chapter who will be attending the requested meeting date to receive the proclamation with a phone number and email address in case the mayor's office has any questions and so they can confirm your place on that evening's agenda.  Try to supply the proclamation text at least 2 or more weeks in advance of the desired meeting date so the office has adequate time to prepare.    Make sure to attend that
 meeting with a group of chapter members and other interested parties to put a face on the cause!

Our Stockton city council meetings are shown on public access channel 97 and can be viewed live or archived on the channel 97 website.  This is a great opportunity to get our words and vision out to the community!
Good luck and remember to purchase a braille coin!
Jennifer Boylan