[Nfbc-info] Farmville on Facebook?

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Wed Oct 28 04:54:10 UTC 2009

Again, I want to be clear that I don't actually know where the
boundaries are here.

However, target is different than facebook because they are offering
to do business with you.  Facebook is not.  You're welcome to come use
facebook if you wish.  However, you don't pay facebook to use their site,
nor do you buy things from facebook.

In other words, as far as the law is concerned, I believe there's
little difference between facebook's website, and my own website that
I maintain to share content with my family.

I'm very unclear how California law impacts this.

I'll check with a few lawyer friends.

Jim