[Nfbc-info] Letter To The Bee: Joseph Webb

Karmalynne snowbird170 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 4 14:13:36 UTC 2009

Good Evening,

I am not be as eloquent as some others, but there are some things that need to be said. So grab some cake and coffee, sweethearts, and enjoy the ride.

No one is arguing with the idea of being safety conscious. Everyone blind or sighted needs to be aware of their surroundings What some of us take issue with, Mr. Calhoun, is this "helpless blind person" attitude. The Federation has been fighting against the negative blind stereotypes for years, and one of the beliefs is blind people are helpless. Frankly, some of you tips are ludicrous. As I've stated before, crime happens 24/7.

Honestly, Tina Thomas's idea for a self defense course is an excellent idea. Everyone should know how to defend themselves. My point is a person can still lead a productive life and still be safety conscious.

Karmalynne
MSN Messenger: christmaskarma70 at hotmail.com
Email:ladymusic1970 at hotmail.com (music requests only)
Listen to my show on www.2020theblink.net from Tuesday 7-10pm pacific time.