[Nfbc-info] Changing my attitudes on violence

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Fri Sep 4 18:07:31 UTC 2009

Karma, Mr. Calhoun responds to you with some questions:

1.  Are all of us tired 'f the lectures saying "we're helpless?"

2.  Do you believe people see us as "productive people" making changes to
our lives?

3.  Do you feel strongly that backup people come in handy, when
transportation stops?

I agree: we are not helpless people, nor should we be classified as such.
 But, to take "the road less traveled" is wrong.  Maybe a 4th question may
need to be asked here: Are you tired of people giving you lectures on how
to live your life?

I agree with Tina on the need for a self-defense class at a State
Convention.  I also want to see it go national.  I feel strongly that
safety should not be unavoidable.  Because we are blind, people want
nothing more, than to see the negativity factor.  Winning court cases is
one way.  Campaigning for legislation on the state and national level is
another.  But, again, all that fighting to make us safe won't amount to a
hill of beans, if we don't show the thugs we say it, and mean it: Back
away, or we will call the police.

To me, this speaks volumes about being protected.  All I have tried to do
in this world is be safe.  And, every once in a great while, I run into
thugs, intent onstealing items, my sanity, and my livelihood.  I go out,
too, but my life is not predicated on street smarts.  I, although
respectfully, may feel that some of everyone's views aren't in agreement,
but I feel that I need to be more aware of my surroundings, whether in
broad daylight, or at night.

Eric

Take a stand!  Be a winner!  Be a team player!

Because: Friends don't let friends be sore losers!

Eric from Los Angeles!