[Nfbc-info] Fight back, and don't let anyone rip you off!

Karmalynne snowbird170 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 7 13:20:02 CDT 2009


I agree Chuck. I lived in a gang area when I was in my teens, and noting happened to me. I was also the oldest of 6 kids, and because my parents worked night, there were times when I needed to get milk or diapers for my younger siblings. Yes, sometimes I needed to walk to 7-11 after 7:00pm. What was I supposed to do? Have them go without? Like a 14-year-old girl had extra spending money for cabs, and I certainly wasn't going to call someone every time something was needed. I was perfectly capable of getting the items. So don't give me this bull crap about situations can be avoided.

Chuck is right. It's all in the way one carries him/herself. 

Okay, I will say something which may be slightly offensive to some people, but it will be written anyway. I've always found that a person should be more cautious about the clean cut, suit waering guy driving the nice car than the long haired, biker type guy. If anything, the long haired biker is more likely to help if a person is lost than the other guy. Do we remember Ted Bundy?

Sorry if I come on a little strong. I am a plain talker, and will not change.
Karmalynne
MSN Messenger: christmaskarma70 at hotmail.com
Email:ladymusic1970 at hotmail.com (music requests only)
Listen to my show on www.2020theblink.net from Tuesday 7-10pm pacific time.
Facebook: Karma Rios
Twitte:www.twitter.com/ladymusic1970


--- On Mon, 9/7/09, ckrugman at sbcglobal.net <ckrugman at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> From: ckrugman at sbcglobal.net <ckrugman at sbcglobal.net>
> Subject: Re: [Nfbc-info] Fight back, and don't let anyone rip you off!
> To: "NFB of California List" <nfbc-info at nfbnet.org>
> Date: Monday, September 7, 2009, 10:54 AM
> You fail to address the many blind
> persons that for economic and other reasons are forced to
> live in the gang infested areas that you refer to. Having at
> times lived in these areas myself and being on an irregular
> work schedule I have survived them being blind for many
> years. I have learned how to carry myself in a way that
> conveys self assurance and how to be observant of my
> surroundings. Yes, I have had a couple of incidents where I
> have had to protect and defend myself and on one occasion it
> resulted in injuries that required medical attention.
> However, I choose to fight back by confidently being in the
> situation taking charge of my environment. Yes, there are
> times when I call cabs as Fresno's public transportation is
> worse than Sacramento's. This however, is done more as a
> result of laziness rather than fear on my part.
> Chuck
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Calhoun" <eric at pmpmail.com>
> To: <nfbc-info at nfbnet.org>
> Sent: Friday, September 04, 2009 3:15 AM
> Subject: [Nfbc-info] Fight back, and don't let anyone rip
> you off!
> 
> 
> > First of all, I hope I got this right:  Angela
> and Mike: Did you mean to
> > tell me, that being in these gang-related areas is,
> "unavoidable?"
> > 
> > Here's another "devil's advocate" letter.  To
> start with, can you say yes
> > to the following 3 questions?
> > 
> > 1.  Do you feel safe using Sacramento Regional
> Transit?
> > 
> > 2.  Do thugs care about our disabilities?
> > 
> > 3.  Should we report suspicious activity,
> including the stalking of
> > blind, or visually-impaired people, to law-enforcement
> personnel?
> > 
> > If you said yes to all 3 of these questions,
> congratulations!  You now
> > know what I'm getting at: We are not helpless, but the
> "thugs" want nothing
> > more, than to commit senseless acts against us.
> > 
> > Mr. Joseph Webb, according to the Bee, has a past
> criminal record.  Then
> > why does this "---" show sorrow for what he did? 
> That's really a slap in
> > the face to Diane herself.
> > 
> > As for Conventions, Mike, don't get me started on a
> blind organization,
> > who hires "volunteers" for its Conventions. 
> Okay?  I'm mixing apples to
> > oranges.  I'm supposed to be talking about a big
> dummy, who clocked Diane,
> > leaving her unconscious.  And, again, at broad
> daylight, this could have
> > been prevented.  Sadly, it wasn't, because a
> known troublemaker named
> > Joseph Webb, decided to seek out someone all of you
> know, for "senseless"
> > target practice?  So, I say: Educave, don't stay
> silent.
> > 
> > Eric
> > --
> > 
> > --
> > 
> > Take a stand!  Be a winner!  Be a team
> player!
> > 
> > Because: Friends don't let friends be sore losers!
> > 
> > Eric from Los Angeles!
> > 
> 
> 
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> 
> > _______________________________________________
> > Nfbc-info mailing list
> > Nfbc-info at nfbnet.org
> > http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfbc-info_nfbnet.org
> > To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your
> account info for Nfbc-info:
> > http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbc-info_nfbnet.org/ckrugman%40sbcglobal.net
> > 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Nfbc-info mailing list
> Nfbc-info at nfbnet.org
> http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfbc-info_nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your
> account info for Nfbc-info:
> http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbc-info_nfbnet.org/snowbird170%40yahoo.com
> 


      




More information about the Nfbc-info mailing list