[Nfbc-info] Update on virtual pizza side

Michael Peterson its.mike at att.net
Sat Sep 19 17:54:06 UTC 2009

                    Hi all the virtual pizza has all ready raised $20.  I am
still trying to get some door prizes to draw for and most likely will not
get them in time.  But if they work out I will keep track of the donors and
we will draw for some prizes if I'm successful.

One prize I am working on just because it's fun and the Holidays are coming
is a signature Christmas album.  I have heard some cuts from it and they are
really good.
It's tricky to really go gun ho on some of the things I want to do because
classes are winding down term papers are winding up and I'm getting ready to
start doing my fieldwork and internship portions so I can be ready to
graduate in June.
If you plan on donating to the virtual portion I am submitting the checks to
River City NFBC per Mary's directions. So please don't write checks to me
write them to NFBC River City chapter.
You can mail them to me at 9116 Dongston Way apt 11 Sacramento, CA 95826
As an extra convenience if you wish to use your credit card you can pay via
PayPal and that would be written to me Michael Peterson
Email to

cinabunny1976 at aol.com
Also if you can CC a copy to my main email its.mike at att.net I can make sure
to let you know when the check is received.
We will do that anyway but this speeds up the process for your knowledge.
If I get checks through PayPal I will write out a check for the amount minus
PayPal charges which are about $2 per check I think.
I suggest you add that to the amount you plan to give if using that method.
Another way you can  help is make sure as many people as possible come
Monday evening and order between 5:00 p.m and 9:00 p.m.
Be sure to tell the cashier you want to be a part of the NFBC Fundraiser.
Straw Hat Pizza is located at:
9129 Keifer blvd, Sacramento, CA 95826
Also if you go to church tomorrow and can post announcements on the bulletin
board let me know I will email you the announcement.
I am making one for the church where we attend.
I deliberately waited until the Sunday prior to the event so they won't have
time to forget.
If you have other bulletin boards like an apartment bulletin board that
works too.
Also if you have friends or family who would be willing to donate $5 or $10
tell them about this.
The money is being used for transportation getting folks to convention.  If
we do fairly well this time perhaps next year we can start in July or August
and make it a statewide effort which with our economy will be a great help
for those living in the North.
If we could generate enough funds we could even expand to assisting with
grants like the State does or possibley we could consider setting up a fund
that could issue no interest loans for people who just don't have the money
to get to or participate in conventions.

This idea has potential as a state project for all chapters and groups maybe
we could even get a chain like Straw Hat or Roundtable to hold the event
simultaneously during a day of blindness awareness month.
Hmmm, We Use our canes to get arround so why not on White Cane Safety day.
Actually Tiffany gave me the idea of expanding this to a State wide project
and it has lots of merrit.
another reason this idea has so much  potential is  it's a way People who
normally couldn't afford to get to convention could physically participate
in creating their opportunity.
Maybe I can't come up with $50 or stash it away but I can invite 5 friends
for pizza  and if my five friends invite other friends the next thing you
know we have a packed event.
IT could be great on campus especially next year if we get fraternities and
soroties involved.  College kids love pizza!

And, once they are helping you it's a lot easier to get their help with
other chapter events like selling braille coins.
So Dream big and help us make this pizza fundraiser the first of a statewide
wave that will sweep across the affiliate in years to come washing up
hundreds of conventioners to bigger and better State conventions!
Come on California Let's grow!
Together we can make it happen!
Mike Peterson

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4441 (20090919) __________