[Nfbc-info] Here is how I advertised the fundraiser

Michael Peterson its.mike at att.net
Sun Sep 20 15:45:28 UTC 2009

In case any one wants to share the fundraiser with friends family or
colleagues here's one example what I'm posting on the church bulletin board.
Mike
MONDAY NIGHT PIZZA FUNDRAISER
Mike and Terra invite you to join us at Straw Hat pizza between 5:00 p.m.
and 9:00 p.m. tomorrow night at Straw Hat Pizza!
They will give us a portion of the proceipts for orders placed during this
time
Note this is not church related but is a way to raise funds to assist blind
people with transportation so they can attend a Bridge walk in support of
Braille literacy and the State convention of the National Federation of the
blind of California.
Did you know less than 10% of people who are blind can actually read
Braille?  It didn't used to be this way in the 50's the literacy rate was
65%.  We're trying to change it back.

You can learn more by looking at a video just below lifesrace radio at
http://www.lifesrace.com
You will also see the very first coin ever to be minted by the US Government
with Braille engraved on it.
And, if you are interested instructions are there on how to attain one.
During the convention things are discussed such as Braille literacy, new
technology and implementation of laws necessary for our protection
For example the new highbred car travels through the streets without making
any noise which endangers blind pedestrians as well as joggers and children
who use the noise of oncoming cars as a warning.
If you would like to come to our pizza night and help when you purchase your
pizza or other items tell the cashier you are supporting the NFB fundraiser.
Monday September 21 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.

9129 Keifer Blvd.
Between tallyho and Southport In the plaza.
If you can't attend and wish to donate checks can be made out to
NFBC River City Chapter
Thanks
Mike & Terra Peterson

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4441 (20090919) __________