[Nfbc-info] Final vote on Verizon

Robert Stigile rstigile at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 25 21:07:43 UTC 2009

Hello Federationists,
This morning, Joy and I attended the meeting with the Public Works Commission on
the final vote regarding the Verizon Bios Boxes.
After several people spoke, including myself, a discussion was held by the Board,
which then a motion was made.
The motion stated, that Verizon could not continue installing the boxes at the
height of three feet.
The second part of the motion, stated, that Verizon must start on or before
November 1st to remove all boxes on poles at three feet and raise them to eight
feet or higher.
Any box that is not on a pole, must either be moved to another location, or have
a device called an above ground facility placed from the bottom of the box to the
ground.
THERE will be meetings in January, June and December of 2010 to make sure that
Verizon is moving along on this and that they complete the work no later then
December 31 of 2010.
They also must make sure, that any new box installed from here on out, be placed
at the height of eight feet or higher.
The President of Verizon was present and agreed to this proposal.
When there are updates to this issue, I will be sure to let you know the
progress.
Thank you,

Robert Stigile